Thursday, June 7, 2012

Vintage and Handmade Shopping

I decided to venture out on this beautiful day in Minneapolis to see a few shops in the Linden Hills area. With trying to sell some of my items, I stuck to only a few adventures today, The Linden Tree. This shop is quite charming as there is specialty fabrics and handmade items filling the store. I could only stay a few minutes as the shop owner had to run out for a few hours but what I did see made me want to come back.

I decided to scan the shelves as I left and saw button rings, crochet eggs, jewelry, bags, wristlets, and banners, each one more intriguing than the last.

This shop is a great spot for gifts, inspiration, and supplies as the shop owner is very friendly. As proof to this she let me stick around for a few minutes even though she was rushing out the door! It was as if she we were already friends and neighbors and I was just stopping by to chat on her front porch.

I can't wait to go back!

The next shop that struck my fancy today was Hunt and Gather. I felt like I stepped into the show American Pickers because I found "rusty gold." Letters, license plates, furniture, pictures, jewelry, OH MY! This store had it all! I couldn't help recognize a few items that were peers to items in my own home. This store gave me joy as the carefully and playfully displayed items. The juxtaposition of a vintage stripped umbrella, wrought iron candelabra, and lace evening gown gave me a smile as I could imagine these items working with so many different settings. The jewelry closet was what caught my eye, I had to pass by it on my first walk through but couldn't help stopping back as a red stone charm bracelet caught my attention and wouldn't let go.

Again, I can't wait to go back and find more treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment